The Garden Plog

My garden plot blog to chronicle the vagaries of my own little acre and the stuff I love.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

1 inch of mud, 4 feet of frozen tundra

Wandered around the yard on Sunday. Most of the snow had melted off by that point, but drainage was not happening. My poor alliums are drownded as my grandmother would say. A few of the bunching onions popped free at some point since their decaying carcasses were staring at me from the tide pool of dead vegetation that is my veggie garden. However, the garlic is valiantly attempting to sprout.

The rabbits devoured my Symphoricarpos completely, girdled my little oak sapling and chewed off the tips of my tulips. I really hate rabbits right now.

Peppers, parsley, watercress and more leeks were sown last Wednesday.
The tomatoes need to be repotted soon. They've all come up a treat. I'm just growing three paste types this time since I wasn't impressed by the Principe Borgheses I grew last year, and the currant tomatoes were more work that I want to futz with.

I planted out the crocuses and narcissi I missed last fall.

In the handywoman corner, I nailed a piece of fascia back on the garage where it belongs. The morons that originally put it up didn't install it correctly so it will probably come off again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

Hey keena, don't give up on that symphoricarpos/snowberry. It can grow from the roots alone. Just wait until it warms up some.
I feel so bad. I promised you a piece of the one growing here and forgot to send it to you. Way to much of that in my life, forgetting that is. If yours does not make it tell me, I will get a section to you.

Sounds like you are going to be eating good pretty soon...gloria

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home