The Garden Plog

My garden plot blog to chronicle the vagaries of my own little acre and the stuff I love.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Tomato insanity

The currant tomatoes have started producing en masse. Very tasty little things.

I sowed some carrots, scallions and peas for *hopefully* an autumn crop. Lettuce, spinach and kohlrabi will follow. Since I'm in the middle of Four Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman, I felt inspired to try this. One of my goals in the garden is to be able to produce enough stuff to greatly reduce and/or eliminate the need to buy vegetable produce at the store. Otherwise, I'm just playing around at veggie gardening. I have the land to do it, so I should. But how many rows of peas will keep me in peas all winter?

Now to figure out how to convert the old storm door into the lid of a cold frame...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home