The Garden Plog

My garden plot blog to chronicle the vagaries of my own little acre and the stuff I love.

Monday, June 12, 2006

A good weekend all round

The baby roses are doing well. Apothecary & Rosamund are almost finished for the year. I went down to my folks' place to see my brother and dogs (AKA the Bumpas hounds). Mom and I dug some bricks out from the foundation of the old house in the barnlot. We didn't try going down into the cellar since one side of the entrance was starting to cave in, but we got enough to get me started on the herb garden. I need a crowbar. I also dug up some oak and redbud saplings, plus a fern and a rose of some sort (poss. R. blanda). However, I do think I've got a chestnut oak and a couple swamp white oaks. I also found a second wild clematis, which I think is C. pitcherii, but I can't find anything definite. Got my first peas of the year. woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home