The Garden Plog

My garden plot blog to chronicle the vagaries of my own little acre and the stuff I love.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The hummingbird

I've read that there is hardly a square foot of the US that has not been investigated by a hummingbird at some point. I think that may be correct. There's been a female Ruby Throat hanging about my yard for the past couple weeks. My cornfield surrounded, poorly treed yard has at least one of those marvelous little birds. I haven't planted one of those twee "Hummingbird Gardens", but I did have some agastache. The feeder was in storage since we moved to this place, but it got a quick rinse after I saw her at the agastache. And I suppose I'll keep the 'Dropmore Scarlet' honeysuckle after all. I just wish we had Lucifers here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home