The Garden Plog

My garden plot blog to chronicle the vagaries of my own little acre and the stuff I love.

Friday, May 25, 2007

It's been so long...

The garden has expanded. The birds are very much in evidence. Life is pretty durn good at the moment.

This little Chipping Sparrow is one of a few hanging about in the flower bed. Between the Indigo Buntings, White Crowned Sparrows, Gold Finches, Thrashers, Robins, Cardinals and these guys the yard has been alive and loud. I even think there's been a Song Sparrow or two about.

The best performing plants in my veggie garden are
the milkweeds. I've decided that I'll just whack off the ones that are competing and leave them alone otherwise. I keep hoping to have a good crop of Monarch butterflies. So far, at least one has found the patch.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home